Hans Connoisseur Club
Hans’ Connoisseurs Club – a means of bringing wine aficionados together and a way to thank you for supporting us throughout the year.
We do love the finer things in life and are happy to share it with our guests. The appreciation of fine wine, fresh food and art is a core part of our life’s philosophy and our estate with Winery, Gourmet Restaurant, Bistro and beautiful gardens, homage to all three.
Hans sees himself as a Vigneron rather than a winemaker, knowing that it’s the hard yards and extremely low yields from exceptionally concentrated fruit which make some of New Zealand’s greatest wines. But maybe as important, he is a passionate wine enthusiast, collecting the finest wines around the world and setting the highest standards when it comes to his own wines. Quiet, modest and unfettered by commercial considerations, he has adopted an experimentalist stance, cultivating an eclectic array of grape varieties, all of them highly acclaimed wines rich in varietal character showing off the covetous terroir.
Like most acclaimed wineries, we do not enter our wines into wine shows or competitions. Our wines have found their way to ‘glory’ without the help of marketing but stolen the hearts of wine lovers all over the world purely for their outstanding quality. The classy understated label bears our name and family crest as creators of the wine and no award stickers will ever distract from its fine content! Our wines speak for themselves and their true ‘judges’ are you, the connoisseur.
Please see below for how you can become part of our club and receive additional rewards and benefits.
- Receive 10% discount on Herzog Wines
- Complimentary tasting at the Cellar Door
- Priority invitations to special events
- Exclusive access to offers of limited releases and library vintages
- Receive 15% discount on Herzog Wines
- All of the above Gold benefits
- Wine advice by one of our trained wine professionals / Sommeliers
- Complimentary glass of Herzog Cuvée Therese Sparkling Rose when dining at the Gourmet Restaurant or Bistro for you and a guest
- Ability to pre-order our Spirit of Marlborough or Montepulciano in big format bottles like Magnum (1.5L) or Jeroboam (3L) or Methuselah (6L)
- Complimentary private tour of the estate by one of our trained wine professionals / Sommeliers. If you are an overseas customer or cannot visit us here in Marlborough you can alternatively gift this exclusive tasting experience to a friend (booking required)
- Experience personalised welcome when visiting the Estate from either Therese or Hans or their ‘right hand’ team
- 15% discount on Vineyard Cottage Accommodation
- 5% discount on ‘Herzog Harvest Weekend in April’– the ultimate wine & food celebration during Harvest (a weekend stint in the vineyard and winery)
The above benefits will apply as soon as the required amount is spent within a 12 month period
Mail order purchases must be in multiples of 6 or 12 bottles
Each membership will be valid for one year and will lapse if amount is not spent by the renewal date
Members will be notified by email one month before their renewal date
Discounts will only be given at the Cellar Door upon proof of photo identification and membership card.